Categories

Violet Femmes

MAC’s Violetta lipstick is always worth a second pass, and a third, and a fourth! While it’s a Pro permanent, many people were only able to get their hands on the lipstick during promotions. It’s now being repromoted in the the Disney ‘Venomous Villans’ collection. The collection debuts September 30th.

The shade is a pigmented violet, with fuschia undertones. It’s just stunning on about every skin shade, but it really pops on brown skin. Observe:

On the rest of the face:

Chanel Mat Lumiere Foundation
MAC Sculpting Powder
Rock & Republic Blush in Kinky

EYES:
MAC Pigment in Lithe
Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner
Shu Uemura Eyebrow Pencil in Seal Brown
YSL Faux Cils Mascara in #1

LIPS:
Nars Lip Pencil in Rosebud

ETA: Random addition… MAC nail polish in So Rich…So Pretty.

It was part of the Alice & Olivia Collection.  I broke it out because of the lipstick. Violet rules!

Advertisements

15 comments

1. That color is pretty but I wouldn't be bold enough to wear it.

2. ShahadaKarim says:

You can totally sheer it out with a clear gloss or lip balm. It's a really flattering shade.

3. Kelly says:

I prefer something a little darker. But it is very pretty.

4. ShahadaKarim says:

I agree that it's not for everyone. I find it so beautiful though. As long as it's the brightest color on my face (and not competing with anything), I'm totally okay with it.

5. FarZana says:

I just love how you look here…beautiful flawless skin your are eyes are lit just so and the lip is perfect.

6. juvenescent says:

I've been waiting for this lipstick to make it's way over to the Pro store (I hate ordering makeup online.) I will pick it up this week, I've been lemming for it for years!

7. RaisaBelle says:

That is one FABULOUS color on you! I can't wait to try it myself! I love that the rest of your look is so simple so the lippie really shines

8. ShahadaKarim says:

Thanks everyone! I love this color. I MIGHT get the VV version of it just to have it. It's really a keeper!

9. That lip color looks amazing on you. My sister wanted to get that color to compliment her darker skin tone but it sold out. It looks great on you!

10. ShahadaKarim says:

Thanks! Violetta such a beautiful color. It's a pro permanent… so if you're near a pro store you can get it there. Not sure if they'll ship (if you're not near a store) but it's always worth it to ask!

11. "L" says:

I really really wanted this color, but they only sold one where I was living. So somebody else was lucky 🙂

12. Nice PolishColor, That has my name written all over it!!

13. Fiza_fairy says: