(FOTD) Gold Standard: White Gold

In keeping with the ‘gold’ tradition of this Holiday Season… I decided to play with a series of  white-based golds (and a few yellow-based) and see what happened:

FACE
Guerlain Parure Gold Foundation (06)
Armani Gold Rush Powder
Illamasqua Blush in Expose
EYES
NARS Eyeshadow in Etrusque (browbone)
Rock & Republic Eyeshadow in White Heat (lid)
L’Oreal Hip Powder Kohl in Gold
Ardell Half Lashes
Buxom Mascara
LIPS
Make Up For Ever Lip Pencil in 1C
Chanel Rouge Allure Lipgloss in Insouciance
Advertisements

15 comments

1. Nepenthe says:

This is gorgeous. I think this is a perfect way for WOC to wear white. It's luminous but without being harsh.

2. ShahadaKarim says:

Thank you. Yeah, white (or any white-based colors) can be tricky on us. The key is to blend it in, until it's wearable. Nothing worse than chalky white on warm-toned skin…

3. Amina says:

woooow..this is simply goorgeous! I love how you show that high end makeup has great colours for WOC. That foundation..wow! Happy thanksgiving 🙂

4. ShahadaKarim says:

Happy thanksgiving Amina! Thanks so much. I do love this foundation. It's a luxury to use, my goodness. It's supposed to be 'skin care' too. I don't know about all of that, but I know that it feels wonderful.

5. Raisa says:

WOW, you look stunning and exotic! I love how soft and blended this is!

6. ShahadaKarim says:

Awwww… thanks Raisa!

7. you look so fresh and beautiful! that's a great makeup face of the day 😀 loving it, and the lashes POWhttp://www.socialitedreams.com

8. VI3TDOLLY says:

Hey hun, great makeup! simple yet gorgeous! Im interested in buying the rock and republic eyeshadow in white heat. Is it pigmented and last a long time? please let me know! Thank you 🙂

9. ShahadaKarim says:

Hello and Thank You! White Heat looks white in the pan, but goes on a sheer gold. It's not really that pigmented… it's designed to be pretty sheer. But the formula is very creamy and very easy to blend. And like all Rock & Republic shadows, they last all day.Hope that helps!

10. Fairest says:

LOVE the lashes! Your eyeshadow skills are superb!

11. […] 100 years ago, I did a ‘White Gold’ FOTD with terrible lighting and a bogus camera that would not work without a flash. Looking back, the […]