Japan, Tragedy, and Perspective

Hi guys,

It’s been a long 24 hours. I wanted to just take a moment and send good thoughts and vibes to the people of Japan. We’ve been inundated with images of tragedy and loss, following the quake and tsunami that hit the island country. People here in California were stressed about the ripple effect of the tsunami, since we share the Pacific Ocean with Japan. But there was no real problem here. A few waves, and a little bit of damage… but nothing major.

Of course, this site is dedicated to all things makeup… but that doesn’t mean that we’re immune to the realities of world events.

I learned today that the southern California city of  Riverside is the ‘sister city’ to the city of Sendai in Japan. Sendai was one of the hardest hit areas, and many of the residents in Riverside and Little Tokyo are worried.

If it’s not too much trouble, I’d love it if you guys could just send a positive thought, or prayer, or wish their way. You may not believe it, but it might make all the difference in the world.

Thank you so much.

Advertisements

9 comments

1. BeautyMark3d says:

It is so tragic 😦 I have been following the news all day and it just breaks my heart. sending prayers and all my love to everyone affected by the earthquake and tsunami ~Kayla

2. ShahadaKarim says:

Thanks BeautyMark3d. I'm sure it's appreciated.

3. <3Sending best wishes to everyone affected. I also donated via Red Cross.

4. sugar sugar says:

I have been praying for the people of Japan as well as for the rest of all the countries situated near it. I hope no other country suffers what Japan has gone through. I also hope the people of Japan and their government will be able to overcome this tragedy.

5. ShahadaKarim says:

That was awesome of you eighteighteight. You too Sugar.

6. It was horrible. Thankfully, the tragedy has not yet been much higher. God bless those who are gone and a lot of strength, faith and encouragement to those who have stayed.

7. Michelle says:

:(I hope they're all okay. The death count is very scary. 😦

8. DalaLuz says:

I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, especially the sight of an entire town being washed away by the tsunami and so many people missing, dying, scared, heartbroken…

9. ShahadaKarim says:

Thank you everyone. I'm sure all the good wishes, prayers and thoughts will be well received.