FOTD: Negligee

I wore Tom Ford’s Negligee Lipstick for the first time. These colors are really NOT remarkable. They’re soft and pretty, but easily dupeable, particularly at $50 a pop.

FACE

Givenchy Teint Couture (Elegant Amber)

Charlotte Tilbury Retocher (#3)

Chanel Blush in Tempting Beige

EYES

Burberry Eyeshadow in Pale Barley (lids)

Eyeko Liner (lashline)

Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes Mascara

LIPS

Tom Ford Lipstick in Negligee

Advertisements

14 comments

1. Jazz says:

This is another very pretty look on you. I like the Négligée on your lips. What do you think are dupes to Negligee?

• There are so many… Prayer from Kat Von D comes to mind. But really, any neutral rose color from just about any brand is fine. This color is very pedestrian. It’s not unique in any way.

2. Linda says:

Is the formula at least incredible? I’m trying to figure out why people are saying they love it when it is not that special. I suppose if you’re going to spend $50 it’s best done on a shade you will wear daily.

3. The formula is standard. The lipsticks really aren’t amazing. I’m sorry. 😦

4. Honestly I think that sometimes people get so caught up in BRAND hype that they lose sight of actual quality. The idea of a luxury brand colors some reviewers opinions… which is unfortunate. Every brand doesn’t do everything perfectly 100% of the time. Tom Ford is not exempt. This collection is mostly a pass. For some, it’s a complete pass. I do love the blushes and the nail polish, but I can find dupes for those too.

5. lilyseymour says:

I’ve never purchased a TF lipstick, actually I said I would never purchase a LS that cost over $20, but that changed when I saw Gucci’s Fall Collection, I bought $200 worth of products, you’ve got to get the Autumn quad and the Cherry Nectar blush…. to die for!

6. Thanks for the recs Lily! I’ll check it out.

7. What a pretty look! That lip color is a really good shade on you. Im kind of glad to hear that the TF lipsticks aren’t actually magic, due to all the hype I was starting to think they must amazing. Thanks for providing honest feedback! 🙂

8. Helen says:

I agree with you completely! I just bought 4 TF lipsticks (including this one) and they are really not that amazing. They’re not bad but….well, you already said it. Also agree with you on nude dip. So passable. I’m really surprised at how many people are going nuts over it. Thanks for giving such an honest opinion.

9. You’re welcome Helen! I love some Tom Ford products (Savage Blush is EVERYTHING), but this collection is just so… blah. It’s just not that good. Hopefully the next collection will be better.

10. ahhhsoneo says:

I think we all get so caught up in the hype on social media that the pressure to buy these expensive lipsticks is high. I have one TF lipstick that I bought at the CCO for $32. I like it, I really really do, but so far, nothing that I have seen about their lipsticks justifies the $50 price tag. I agree with you that this collection was pretty, but definitely dupeable.

11. Hopefully, Holiday will be better. Fingers crossed!

12. Jen says:

I would expect a lot more pigment from those lipsticks. I’m disappointed.